Solar Panel companies are popping up all over the place at the moment due to the increase in interest. So, how do you decide on the best company to use when installing Solar Panels? There are a few things that may help make this decision a little easier so check out our little helper points below:
- Location – It is advisable to choose a local business when installing solar panels because if you have any issues with the installation, or just need some maintenance support, having your installer just around the corner is far more reassuring than a company 80 miles away who may pop in if they’re passing.
- Certification – Ask your potential installer if they are certified. Make sure you find out the accreditations that the supplier has as this will highlight how qualified and professional they are. The Micro Generation Certification Scheme (MCS); Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC); Independent Warranty Association (IWA); NICEIC and The National Association of Professional Inspectors & Testers (NAPIT) are all accreditations to look out for when choosing a supplier.
- Company History – It is always good to research and find out a bit about the company – i.e. how long they have been established, client testimonials and the accreditations they have. Quite a few Solar Panel companies have only recently emerged so judging them on their time in the industry may not be reflective of how good they are as a company.
- Cost – Solar Panel installation costs will vary considerably so its advisable to get quotes from more than one company that provide high quality installation of solar panels. It is also important to understand if a quotation is higher – why it is the case. It may be that a higher quality panel or invertor is being used – or indeed it may be a larger installation. Trying to get a true like for like quotation is tough, so it is worthwhile talking to the companies who provided the quote after receiving it to ensure that you understand fully what is being quoted for and how that may differ from their competitors.
- Warranty – Most high quality solar panel installers will give around 5 – 10 years warranty and the length of warranty that they are willing to provide will be reflective of the quality of their work. The more warranty that they give shows the confidence that they have in their product and installation therefore this is a great indication on whether they are a good company to use for your Solar Panel installation. It is highly recommended to find a company that provides a long warranty and support – as this will be invaluable during the lifetime of your installation.
Although Germany has more than 20 times as much solar panels installed as in the UK they don’t get much more sun!
Freiburg in Germany used to have more solar panels installed in it than the whole of the UK. Click on the link above to find out more about Freiburg.
Cambridge Solar are solar panel installers.
We cover Ely and the surrounding area.
Call our experts today for a free quote – 01223 863 885
Check out our new solar panel Case Study.
Cambridge Solar’s solar panel installation gallery.
Cambridge Solar are Solar Panel Installers & Renewable Energy Experts in Cambridge, UK.
This video looks at data monitoring on a small domestic solar panel system in Cambridge. The system uses a Solar Edge inverter which has individual power optimisers on each panel. This allows analysis of the system on a panel-by-panel basis.
The photograph at the beginning and end of the video the the system that is being monitored. The grid of 15 panels in the center of the video correspond to the actual physical location of the solar panels in the installation.
The data is for 6 days in early February so not the most productive in terms of solar energy production however it still gives you a good idea of how the overall system, and the individual solar panels perform.
You can view the installation at the following link: http://alturl.com/tx9ho
If you enjoyed the post please remember to like and share and follow our YouTube channel.